Tuesday, July 29, 2014

1/100 Tieren Ground Type Review

This is a birthday present from my friend, I have assembled it years ago but I am taking it out to do some modifications to it. Since I am taking photos of how the tieren looks out of the box, I might as well do a review of it.
In the anime, the Tieren did not have much impressive battle scenes, especially for the ground type are typically depicted as weak units (but every unit is weak compared to the gundam in the early part of gundam 00) while the aces uses a commander type and taozi. However, looking at the model kit itself, it makes you appreciates the design more. I like the overall design as it resembles a zeon mobile suit with its mono eye and shoulder shields.


Despite its bulky appearance, it has quite good articulation. The upper torso can rotate 360 degrees, tilt front and back and even left and right. The orange armour parts offers a good contrast to the green color scheme. It comes with three types of weapons like the bazooka, machine gun and a combat knife. For a non-grade, the amount of details on it is quite decent.

This will be my next project. The objectives will be to try working with pla-plates, to use lacquer paints instead of acrylic for painting and scratch building, all for the first time. Hopefully, I can complete it before the school semester starts and enter the GWBC Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment