Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Blade Liger Completed

My completed work



I wanted to create a scene with the blade liger leaping off a slope but it seems the base is too small.
There are a lot of new things that I tried with this project like using an airbrush, a hobby knife, a side cutter during assembly of the kit (I used to use scissor and nail clipper), various weathering techniques and try making a custom base. 
I think the weathering is overdone, that it looks a bit too dirty. Perhaps some battle damage may make it look a bit better but I just couldn't bear to damage this kit as blade liger is my favourite zoid.
 I added zeke in the last two photos, it kind of blend well to the background. I am using the action base 1 stand to support the liger since it is not made for it, the support is kind of wobbly. 

By the time I started on this post, the group build is a ready over. I find the group build to be an eye-opening experience with lots of impressive entries. Lots of room for me to improve on my work, especially in the basics. 

Thanks for dropping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment