Tuesday, September 23, 2014

GBWC Singapore 2014

Last Sunday was the result day for GBWC Singapore 2014. Although I did not win anything, it was a fruitful experience. After collecting my kit after the event ended, there is a chance for us to meet with Master Kawaguchi for a mini consultation session. He expertly pointed out all the flaws of my kit such as the masking was not done properly when painting and since the centre part of the kit is where most people look at first glance, it needs to be done perfectly. Furthermore, when scratch building the shields, I need to ensure that the pla-plates at the sides need to be done properly so that it isn't that obvious that it was scratch-built and only when all the inner parts are done properly then add the design on the shields. He also said the yellow used blends well with the main kit colour and the overall design was quite balanced. When I asked him how to improve on the base itself, he commented that I should think about how the tieren moves and the normal terrain that it normally operates in so maybe add a bit of dirt and mud but he also said that if the focus of the work is on the kit itself then the simple base like that is fine. In the end, I managed to get his autograph.


I totally agree with his comments and one of the lessons learnt is not to start too late. For this event, it was an impromptu decision as I  only decided to enter it after the group build and there was hardly a month before school starts so it was very rushed. Moreover, I made a silly mistake of not mixing the paint properly so the paint turns out darker at the start and gets lighter towards the end making it impossible for me to repaint it without changing the tone of the colour. However, I did had fun coming up with the design and after modifying the tieren, it really makes it an unique piece in my collection.
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment